Quality of Service Statement
MART understands the critical role that transportation serves for MassHealth medical appointments, as well as the range of Program-Based services.
Please know that your feedback is critical to making sure we maintain high service standards for transportation services. If you experience any issues with your rides, please do not hesitate to contact us at your earliest opportunity so that we can immediately begin to resolve the issue. It is recommended that you contact us directly via our toll free number or through the member portal or app. It is never recommended that you contract the transportation provider directly.
Book Trip online
We have made improvements to the MART Member portal to make it easier to book trips and review details online. Use the button below to access your account:
- Book one way trip, round trip or standing order
- Review scheduled trips
- Cancel trip
- Report complaint
- Review approved PT-1’s
Learn how to use the member portal View Portal Guide
Members can easily access trip information and book trips via our new member application. The application is available on both the App Store as well as the Google Play Store. You can download the application by clicking the links below:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
With the support of the Human Transportation Services (HST) unit, MassHealth is able to provide transportation to MassHealth covered services for eligible individuals. These services include, but are not limited to, medical, dental, mental health, and substance use disorder appointments, as well as transportation to and from Day Habilitation programs.
MassHealth members with an eligibility category that includes transportation coverage (Standard, CommonHealth, CarePlus) may qualify.
Your MassHealth provider must complete an online transportation request (PT-1) for you. Your provider can find the PT-1 on the MassHealth Customer Web Portal, a website for providers. Any one of your MassHealth providers can submit a PT-1 form for any other MassHealth provider you need to travel to.
The approval process may take up to three business days. You will be notified by mail whether or not you have been approved. If you need medical transportation before that, your medical provider can call the MassHealth Customer Service Center at (800) 841-2900 to request verbal approval.
Once your transportation services are approved, you will be assigned a broker who will schedule your trips. The Montachusett Regional Transit Authority (MART) coordinates trips for Western, Central, and Northeastern Massachusetts as well as the Metro Boston area. The Greater Attleboro and Taunton Regional Transit Authority (GATRA) coordinates trips for Southeastern Massachusetts and Cape Cod.
Your welcome letter from your broker provides instructions for how to schedule your trips (phone, web portal, app, etc.). They will also provide information about who to contact if you have questions or concerns. The brokers do not provide the trips, rather they assign the trips to transportation companies/vendors.
Brokers assign each trip to a transportation company on a low-cost, most appropriate basis, and on vehicle availability. Human Transportation Services policies do not allow for participants to choose their own vendors. If you feel a vehicle sent to you was not appropriate for your needs, please tell your broker immediately.
Please contact MassHealth and update your address with them first. Then request them to send MART your new address.
MART does not send a notification when a PT-1 is about to expire. It is very important that you (the member) save that information when MassHealth sends you the approval letter for the PT-1.
MART receives all PT-1’s directly from MassHealth and MART can only accept those PT-1’s as valid.
There are several ways to file a report. You may call our Quality Assurance Department at 1-800-854-9928 option 1 then option 4 to talk to Quality Assurance Agent. You may also file your complaint via the new consumer application (app) located on any smart device in your app store under Qryde. (See our Apps & Portals page for quick links to the correct app.)
No, you can use MART’s Automated Trip Review (via the IVR), just select option 2 from the main menu after you pick a language. Click here to see the instructions for the IVR service as well as other options provided thru the IVR. You may also confirm your trips (and other features related to your trip) via the new consumer application (app) located on any smart device in your app store under Qryde. (See our Apps & Portals page for quick links to the correct app.)
If you receive local (Leominster, Fitchburg, Gardner) rides and pay for your transportation, please contact MART’s “Dial-a-Ride” service at 978-345-7711, option 3.
Adult escorts need to be approved by MassHealth. Children 17yrs and younger are authorized to go without approval.
We cannot note that on your trip. To ride alone is a special accommodation that needs to be approved by MassHealth on a PT-1 form.
MART does not provide emergency services. However, if you need to schedule a same day trip we will make every attempt to accommodate your request. The earliest pick up we can try to arrange for you is an hour and half from the time you call
We are able to schedule you with a will call to return home. You can call when you are done with your appointment. It is important that you know the driver can take up to an hour to pick you up once you call for the return.
PT-1 transportation brokered thru MART is 24 hours a day. However trips need to be booked through the MassHealth Call Center during normal business hours, Monday thru Friday from 7am to 7pm.
- MART is only authorized to schedule transportation for MassHealth members with an authorized PT-1 form to each provider you see, at each location. If you are attempting to schedule a trip that does not have a valid PT1 or if you have questions or concerns regarding your PT-1(s); you will need to call the MassHealth Customer Service Center at 1-800-841-2900.
- If you’re not sure of, or unable to provide, a return trip time you may book a “will call” for your return trip. Please be aware that for will call return trips you will need to call your transportation vendor directly (the company assigned to transport you) when you are ready to return. Note that you may encounter a wait time of up to one (1) hour from the time you call for the return trip home.
- MART is closed on the following holidays. If you need to schedule transportation on any of these holidays, please provide as much advanced notice as possible: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents Day, Patriots Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- Please note that MassHealth transportation provided by MART is curb-to-curb service. If your medical needs require additional assistance getting from your residence into a vehicle and out of the vehicle into your medical appointment – you may request your provider prescribe an escort to travel with you to assist with ambulation. This would require your medical provider to submit a new PT-1 form. MART is not authorized to transport escorts unless authorized.
- Unauthorized stops along the way from your residence to your provider’s office (and on the return trip) are not permitted.
- All MART contracted transportation vendors are required to have the name of their business clearly identified on their vehicle; on the right side of the passenger door, and on the rear of the vehicle. Members are advised not to board any vehicle that does not display the name of the company that is scheduled to transport you.